Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pancake House Almost Made It If Not For The Last Touchpoint

Pancake House SM Southmall: To Eat or Not to Eat Again?


          I took out my two mamas out for dinner and we chose Pancake House at SM Southmall during the second day of March' 3-Day Sale. The first thing I have noticed was the inviting look of the inside as I could see there were still space to conveniently accommodate the two seniors I was with, so we got in and ordered our meals.

          At first we were welcomed by the crew named "Cielo," a very bright and attentive lady who listened well and recapped to us our order. The supervisor (I forgot his name) also checked us for other needs and I felt that was a good intro, so I interestingly waited for the taste-testing of the food they were going to serve us that night. I ordered for "hot pot roast beef" meal and my mum had "spaghetti club special" and Oche had her "roast beef with rice and salad." 

         Now it's feedback time, and as usual, I will only say my piece about the food I have ordered so here we go:

Roast Beef : It was thinly and nicely cut into easy-to-eat bits and topped with appetizing mushroom sauce with thinly-sliced mushrooms too. The beef was tender and fairly chewable and it was a perfect match for an-inch-sized width of a square buttered bread. My mum got to taste it too and we both agreed it deserves our four and a half  (4.5) stars!  Whoa! When I come back, I will order this again.

Mashed Potato:  A little mashed potato as a side dish makes it an ooh so perfect dinner that filled my starving tummy with gratitude. The texture and taste of this mashed potato is close to perfect, I would also give it my four and a half star-rating.

Corn and Carrots: There was a very small portion of corn and carrots that I liked with my hot pot roast beef. The corn was good while the carrots had an over-powering after taste. This one is 2 stars.

Fresh Lettuce: As a side dish, it adds nice color to the meal, the lettuce was not bad. It was still green, fresh and crispy, yet I observed the brownish part at the end of the stems, so there is a point-deduction for that hasty preparation. The vinaigrette dressing was also nothing to rave about. It lacked the ooomph of a nice vinaigrette so I preferred to consume the lettuce salad as is.

Lemon Iced Tea: Since this is just a freebie that goes with the order of my mum's spaghetti club special, I was already expecting that it will just be an ordinary iced tea to quench your thirst. And it was. Pancake House' Iced Tea, 2.5 stars.

I was already almost satisfied with our Pancake House dinner but the last touch point of paying the bills and waiting for my change has been a very long waiting game. Would you believe it took them almost 45 minutes just to give me the change? Aha! So all the good things that were built during the first interaction points suddenly crumbled. The result? I am giving our visit to Pancake House SM Southmall,  two points lesser from the overall 3 stars, it had gone down to a lonely, crying 1 star now to end this. Hopefully Pancake House Southmall branch gets to improve on their billing time next time (if there would ever be.....)









No comments:

Post a Comment