Saturday, March 18, 2017

It's Greenwich Time


Our Greenwich Experience: So This is Greenwich Time?

     
          Last night I went to see the movie "Beauty and the Beast" with my two boys at SM cinema. We went to dine in first before we hit the last full showing of the beautiful film.
          
          We went to Shakey's Pizza first but we were told we'd be third on the wait list so we decided to opt for Greenwich as there were still vacant tables. We were greeted by the crew and proceeded to order our dinner at the counter. My son Richard decided to use his "Happy Plus Card" but unfortunately when topping it up with cash, we were told by the cashier that their system was offline.
Then we ordered what we were going to have for our meal.

       I ordered their "overload super meal" composed of a personal Hawaiian pizza, two pieces of chicken wings and lasagna, in addition I had strawberry slush for my drinks. Note that I will only rate the food that I have ordered and tasted so let us continue the story.

          We were not told by anyone at Greenwich that the usual waiting time to receive our orders would be that long, and yes we waited half-an-hour before our meals were served. So starving and disappointed, we hurriedly ate our food to catch our 8 PM "Beauty and the Beast Movie" schedule. Here is my feedback:

Hawaiian Pizza: It was still served fresh from the oven and in fairness it was good. I was able to taste the old-time tested Hawaiian pizza flavor and the mozzarella cheese that was put was just the right amount, The ham and pineapple chinks were also okay and the pizza as a whole was the real taste of Greenwich pizza I expected. Rating? 3 stars out of 5. It was good but was not the best.

Chicken wings: I was given very tiny portions of chicken wings, there were 2 pieces and the other piece was the cut of what was really one wing. For a small person like me though I can forgive that, but definitely for bigger guys, serving them these 2 pieces of small wings would be a joke. The taste was not that bad though, it was freshly-cooked (yet not that crunchy) and the spiciness was just very mild. Score? Three stars for the wacky wings!

Lasagna: Mine was served cold already and it was not the taste of Greenwich lasagna that I have tasted twenty years ago (that I liked so much and I was craving for, the reason that I chose to dine at Greenwich). The pasta was soggy and the sauce was bland and it was not cheesy. I ended up asking the waiter to re-heat and give it a second try, but still it did not pass my taste so I asked the crew to take it away for my dog, Terka. Rating? A sad and lonely 1 star for the lasagna. I will not order it again, I promise.

Strawberry Slush: It was a concentrated strawberry flavored drink blended with crushed ice and I must admit the flavoring was good enough to make me a little bit happy with my drink. It tasted a little sweet but that's how I like my strawberry drink after all. Score? 3 stars

          A lot of room for improvement Greenwich SM Southmall! You knew that there would be a grand sale that day, you should have prepared your branch for the outpouring of customers. My last words? Thirty minutes is a loooonngg wait for our meals to be served and all we got were mediocre servings, service and taste.











          

No comments:

Post a Comment