Thursday, March 23, 2017

Back to Manila, Back to Basics at Burger King BGC

B is for Burger King at BGC



          It's official! I am now starting my local working life in a global company at the beautiful Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City, Manila.  I went to Burger King yesterday to grab a quick lunch and forgive me as what I have on the photos here are already half-eaten by this starving blogger, nevertheless let's start the ball rolling for Burger King BGC's food review. Here we go:

Cheeseburger: BK's cheeseburger still tastes like the classic all-time-favorite that I have been eating in the Americas ( most especially in Costa Rica). Good news is that there is consistency in its taste. That means what cheeseburger you will taste in the U.S. or Central America and in the Philippines ( specifically at BGC) are all the same. Yeah! I was expecting and craving for this taste and I just got what I was asking for in my mind. Bonus point that it was served fresh from the kitchen, hot and palatable, the same old BK cheeseburger I so loved many years ago when I was a growing adolescent in the Philippines. Because of its consistent taste and respectful hot and fresh from the grill serving of food, I will give it a whopping five (5) stars! Yuhoooo!

French fries: You will get the usual french fries that you will normally have at McDonald´s or Jollibee, plump and cruchy on the outside and chewy potato inside at its best. No frills, it's french fries, and that's what you get. I am giving the fries that were served to me at BK BGC four (4) stars.

Iced Tea: You'll get a regular iced tea just enough to quench your thirst during a hot summer lunch. I'll give BK  BGC's iced tea  three (3) stars.

Strawberry sundae: The vanilla base of their ice cream needs improvement in terms of texture, needs to be creamier and smoother to match with the vanilla based ice cream of its competitors ( such as McDonald's and Jollibee). BK BGC's starwberry sundae  is another 3 (three) stars for me.

          I am generally happy with my first dine-in experience I had at Burger King, Bonifacio Global City right after ten years of not being able to taste it here in my beloved country. The waiting time for food serving was not long, the crews were courteous and for only Php125 you will get your meal hot, fresh and delectable! That's why I am giving Burger King a "B" and I will definitely come back for another lunch, or two, or three... I don't know...let's see:-)









No comments:

Post a Comment