Monday, March 13, 2017

Mahal si Kuya!

March to Kuya J's (SM Southmall)

     
          My first experience of Kuya J  Restaurant at SM Southmall was disappointing:-( The waiters looked lost, slow and kept me waiting a long time before they served me the menu, that looks like an entertainment magazine with Philippine actor, Jericho Rosales on its cover). 

          The menu list seems interesting, it gives an impression of how Kuya J (Jericho R's) Filipino taste is like in what looks like a mix of simple all-time favorite Pinoy dish with (maybe) how Kuya J eats each version.

          I went alone after a long trip from Makati at around past 1 PM so you can  imagine how hungry I was and I wanted my food served fast and of course delicious. I ordered chicken BBQ rice and "mangga tuna salad" and ripe mango shake. Below is my feedback:

1. Chicken BBQ: The taste is mediocre, there's nothing really special with the way the marinated chicken turned out to be. It was dry and the portion was small. In fact, it tasted like chicken tocino to me! I'm giving it 2 stars.
         
However, what I liked more was the orange-colored atchara. It really tastes good and I'd love to ask for more, yet the small chicken BBQ was already consumed. I'm giving their atchara 4 stars (the soo-oh-orange color is the reason for not giving it a perfect 5)

2. Mangga Tuna Salad: Horrible! It was bathed in oil and the mango strips on top were very ripe. The minced tuna mixed with the lettuce was in no way complementing the strong curry-ish taste of the salad itself. Result, I just ate two or three small servings and I did not even want to have the rest taken away ( no point ). Rating? I'm giving it one thin-lone star!

3. Ripe Mango Shake: I was also not so happy with my ripe mango shake. It does not have the taste of the usual Philippine mangoes I am so proud of. I suspect that they used the same over-riped mangoes they used for preparing my mangga tuna salad. Score? 2 stars.

     Unfortunately, Kuya J Retaurant did not impress me as much as I am impressed with the multi-awarded handsome Filipino actor.






No comments:

Post a Comment