Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Still Yummy Through The Years!

Don Henrico's Pizza:  Returning to One of My Favorite Pizza Restaurants


          Last weekend I excitedly revisited Don Henrico's located on the second level of Filinvest, Alabang. It has been one of my favorite pizza restaurants dating back some twenty years ago. This time I was with my son Richard Edward to experience the taste of their buffalo chicken I have so missed for a very long time. Lo and behold, after so many years, getting back at the doorstep of one of the pizza restaurants I so admired, here is my new take on my old-time favorite recipe at Don Henrico's:

Pizza: We had the Italian Pizza  with pepperoni, sausages, peppers, onions and it was a mouth-watering feast of the pizza I have always thought of and loved. The crust was chewy, the pizza sauce was tomato based and the toppings were all superb. I'll still give Don Henrico's pizza a two-thumbs up until now. Score: 5 stars!

Buffalo Wings: After a looong time of not tasting the buffalo wings that I was setting as a standard for all the subsequent buffalo wings I would be tasting, I was surprised that this time, Don Henrico's buffalo wings were no longer jaw-dropping for me. Maybe I have already outgrown the what was so oh oh so yummy buffalo wings I used to like before or maybe it was the taste itself (or recipe) that have changed. It was too sweet for my taste today and I was looking to sense that little tangy spice in the sweet blend. However, the creamy dip is still the same dip to die for. It was not not that great 'though it was an eye-opener of the truth that most of the times things change after a long time. Anyway, for all its worth, I still would give 4 stars to my all-time favorite, Don Henrico's buffalo wings.

Iced Lemon Tea: Some things never change and it goes true with the one of the best iced lemon tea blend in town, that's the signature taste of Don Henrico's iced tea. It was oh-so refreshing with the right blend of sweetness, lemony and a little bittery taste of fresh tea. This is definetely one of the best refreshing drink to bet with our pizza. Rating? 5 stars.

I came in and got out of Don Henrico's restaurant with a big smile on my face, thinking that I will come back again very soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment