Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Pinay Craving Led Me to Max's

Mediocre Max Soothed My Hunger Pangs


          My feet took me to Max's Restaurant at the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) for lunch today. My hunger pangs were asking for something to really satisfy my almost shaking body cells as the clock was striking near 12 noon and I got to grab a meal to nourish my drained energy. Today I wanted a balanced meal ( combination of meat and veggies) at a reasonable price. 

          I was greeted by Haya, the waitress who's going to serve me. She was friendly but a little slow. I chose the fried chicken and fresh lumpiang ubod meal promo of Max's Restaurant and ordered a refillable sago't gulaman for my drinks. My verdict as follows:

Fried Chicken: They gave me a small portion of chicken thigh and a cup of steamed rice. The chicken tasted okay, it was just marinated right and I was able to catch that Max's fried chicken taste in that small portion of the chicken. The house ketchup this time was not as nice as it was when they still had Jufran ketchup. Now it is sweeter and thicker. I will rate my Max fried chicken 3 stars and 3.5 stars with the house ketchup.

Fresh Lumpiang Ubod: This is their fresh spring roll served with a thick, sweet sauce with ground peanut on top. The lumpia wrapper that they used was very good, it was soft and  fresh, just blending nicely with the vegetables  and you get the nice, old taste of lumpiang ubod in sauce that you would be expecting. I will give their lumpiang ubod 4 stars for this ( if it were not for the very sticky sauce, this could have been five stars!)

Sago't Gulaman: A really refreshing sweet gulaman drink to satisfy my shaky body. It quenched my thirst and the coldness was just right. Nothing really fancy as the taste is very simple and traditionally the sago't gulaman I have known since young. Rating? 3.5 stars!

Wait! Did Haya ask me to order their "bottomless" sago't gulaman? I think so, yet when I asked one of the waiters to refill he did not do it and I felt that he was elusive. Hmmmm... well, I asked the other waitress (Hello Haya, where are you? I thought you said you will be my server for the day?), she refilled my glass fast.

All for the price of Php 380+ it was not bad, but given a choice, I would choose to spend my Php385 somewhere that would make me more satisfied and happier.  Where could it be? I am still looking for the candidate restaurants/ food establishments to win the spot.

'Till next eating time!








No comments:

Post a Comment